My personal promises to you
As your Mindful Counsellor, I promise that I will always try, to the best of my abilities and
training, to uphold the ethical standards of BAMBA and BACP and:
1. To ensure that my clients are taught and counselled in a way that is safe and effective, in a safe
and comfortable environment.
2. To use compassionate approaches and kindness with my clients.
3. To work hard to offer the best outcomes, by using a very personalised approach.
4. To acknowledge my own limits, of experience or expertise, and refer clients to other professionals if this is in their best interests.
5. To value our diversity by respecting all people regardless of their age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religious affiliation, status, class, wealth, neuro-typicality or sexual orientation. I aim to accept my clients as they are.
6. To respect my clients' rights, dignity and privacy.
7. To follow all local government and national laws that cover my Meditation teaching and Counselling business.
8. To aim to be inclusive and make a limited number of sessions for 1:1 work to be available at an affordable price, manageable to both of us. Eligible clients must be a recipient of Universal Credit to be eligible for any reduced cost place, and produce up-to-date proof of receiving this benefit. I will offer this service on a waiting list basis and it is entirely discretionary and time limited (maximum 6 sessions). Any sessions cancelled will not be rescheduled. I also offer 10% discounts for nurses, teachers, carers, social workers, where needed, who are still on a low income and to residents of Malvern on a low income (family income of below £35 000 including all benefits).
9. To look after myself and practice what I teach with regard to self-compassion and self-care.
10. To individualise my work based on your needs and expressed preferences.
© 2023 by Dee Rooney